1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Sign Up
3. As part of signing up, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
4. Creating an Account
eOrganiser requires that users sign up with an account. Sign up may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, photo and other personal information as required by the meeting or event. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your profile. The purpose of collecting your information is to provide you with the ability to perform relevant actions related to the meeting or event. This includes but is not limited to submissions, reviews, program management and reporting. Any communication to users of the web site is relevant to the meeting or event for which the user has signed up.
Credit Card Details
5. Credit Card details are only requested for the processing of payment and will not be stored. The payment is processed by a third party payment gateway, which is fully PCI DSS compliant.
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
8. Your personal information may be disclosed to recipients in overseas countries outside of Australia. Typically, these recipients will be part of the meeting or event organising committee or association, unless you have specifically agreed for your information to be published or disclosed for a specific purpose.
9. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
10. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Your entire interaction with the web site will be secured over SSL. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
11. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
12. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. IP address is also stored when you log in to the web site as a user, which allows us to log and produce user access reports which can assist in identifying security breaches to your account.
13. Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
14. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may update it upon logging into the web site and going to your profile. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com to have the information corrected.
15. Passwords are stored in encrypted format on our databases. This means that even we cannot read your passwords. If you lose your password, it can be reset and will again be stored securely in an encrypted manner.
16. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
17. We provide links to Web sites outside of eOrganiser, as well as to third party Web sites. Typically these web sites will be related to the meeting or event you are signed up with. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
19. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.